In a terrifying incident, a Royal Enfield motorcycle suddenly caught fire and exploded in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. Now, videos of the incident are going viral on social media because of its shocking nature.
According to an NDTV report, the owner of the motorcycle, Ravichandra, drove non-stop from Mysuru (about 387 km away) to reach the Nettikanti Anjaneya Swamy temple in the Guntakal Mandal after buying the new vehicle.
The bike caught fire after Ravichandra entered the temple.
The now-viral video shows that the people present in the area were taken aback as soon as the bike first caught fire and then its petrol tank exploded.
The crowd doused the fire by pouring water on the vehicle.
కసాపురంలో బుల్లెట్ బండి మైసూరు నుండి కసాపురం కు నాన్ స్టాప్ గా వచ్చినందుకు పేలిపోయింది #guntakal #RoyalEnfield #Bullet #bike #fire #ACCIDENT #RoyalsFamily #RoyalEnfield pic.twitter.com/GGaRAnCY5x
— Allu Harish (@AlluHarish17) April 3, 2022
According to local media reports, it is still unclear why the motorcycle caught fire. Fortunately, there was no loss of any life, and no injury was caused by the fire.
This is not the first time a two-wheeler has caught fire recently – a few days ago, an electric scooter made by Hyderabad startup Pure EV burst into flames near Chennai. The incident was the fourth of its kind in 4 days.
A video of the
incident had gone viral on social media, and people raised questions about the safety of EVs.
Other EVs that also caught fire were Ola’s S1 electric scooter in Pune, and Okinawa’s two-wheeler in Vellore.
For more trending stories, click here.